Voltaren Emulgel Extra Strength:
For adults between 18 to 65 years (extra strength):
- Apply 2g of gel 2 times a day (morning and evening) on the affected area.
- The amount of gel applied (2g for each application) should be measured using the dosing card supplied in the product carton. For each application the gel should be squeezed from the tube and measured up to the 2g line on the dosing card. Clean and dry the dosing card after each use.
- Do not use more than 4g per day.
- Instructions on how to open the tube:
- Tube: To remove the security seal before first use, remove the cap off the tube.
- Tube: Firmly insert the star-shape groove located on the reverse side of the cap into the star-shaped security seal of the tube.
- Tube: Firmly turn the cap to remove the security seal from the tube.
- Tube: Measure the amount of the gel using the dosing card and then gently apply to the affected area, slowly rubbing into the skin.
- You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel in.
- Tube: After use, place the cap back on the tube and store in an upright position.
- Wash your hands after rubbing in Voltaren Emulgel Extra Strength to avoid accidental contact with the mouth and eyes.
The gel should not be used for more than 7 days for muscle and joint injuries unless recommended by a doctor. Talk to your doctor if your condition does not improve within 7 days, or if it gets worse.
In case of drug overdose, contact a health care practitioner, hospital emergency department or regional Poison Control Centre immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
If you dispense more gel than needed wipe off the surplus gel with a tissue.
If you, or a child accidentally swallows the gel, contact your doctor immediately.
If you miss applying Voltaren Emulgel Extra Strength at the correct time, apply it when you remember and then next apply it at the usual time. Do not apply a double quantity.