Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain:
For adults and adolescents 16 years and older (regular strength):
- Apply gel 3 to 4 times a day on the affected area.
- The amount needed will vary depending upon the size of the painful or swollen area: 2g to 4g (1 g equals a strip approximately 2 cm long) gel will be sufficient to cover a 400 to 800 cm2 area. Do not use more than 4 times in 24 hours.
- How to open the no mess applicator:
- Applicator: To remove the seal before first use, remove the transparent protective cover and then unscrew the applicator cap. Use the star-shape groove (the key), located at the side of the applicator cap, to remove the security seal (star seal) of the tube. Screw the applicator cap back on the tube before dispensing the gel.
- Applicator: To open, simply pull the white part of the applicator cap. Gently squeeze the tube to push the gel to the surface of the applicator cap. Use the applicator-capped tube as you would use your fingers to gently, and slowly rub the gel into the skin on the affected area. The slight pressure of rubbing in the gel will automatically close the applicator cap.
- You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel in.
- Applicator: After use, clean the applicator cap with cotton towel or absorbent paper until visually dry and clean. Do not immerse or rinse under water. Do not use any solvent or detergent to clean the surface of the applicator cap. After cleaning, place the transparent protective cap, back on the tube before storage. Do not reuse the applicator cap with another tube. Discard the tube with its applicator cap, following the recommended procedure for disposal of any medication.
- Wash your hands after rubbing in Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain to avoid accidental contact with the mouth and eyes.
The gel should not be used for more than 7 days for muscle and joint injuries unless recommended by a doctor. Talk to your doctor if your condition does not improve within 7 days, or if it gets worse.
In case of drug overdose, contact a health care practitioner, hospital emergency department or regional Poison Control Centre immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
If you dispense more gel than needed, wipe off the surplus gel with a tissue.
If you, or a child accidentally swallows the gel, contact your doctor immediately.
If you miss applying Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain at the correct time, apply it when you remember and then next apply it at the usual time. Do not apply a double quantity.