How it works
Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain with a No Mess Applicator contains a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called diclofenac, a pain reliever. This gel relieves pain at its source. The gel works by blocking production of some of the body’s chemicals that cause swelling (inflammation), pain and tenderness¹. Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain has shown to be effective in providing pain relief and reducing inflammation.
The active ingredient in Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain, diclofenac, has been used as a pain reliever for many years across the world. ...The Emulgel formula provides both the benefits of a moisturising cream and a cooling gel.
Gently rub or massage 2 to 4g of gel into the skin around painful or swollen (inflamed) area to treat an area of about 400-800 cm². The gel should not be used for more than 7 days for back, muscle and joint injuries unless recommended by a doctor. The gel is not recommended for use in children under 16 years of age.
Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain with a No Mess Applicator has a pleasant smell and will not stain clothing. It is neither greasy nor sticky and is easy to rub into the skin.
Contains diclofenac diethylamine 1.16% w/w. To be sure this product is right for you always read and follow the label.
Active Ingredient: Diclofenac diethylamine 1.16% w/w. To be sure this product is right for you always read and follow the label.
Do not exceed the stated dose. Always read the enclosed insert before use to check if this product is suitable for you.
Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain:
For adults and adolescents 16 years and older (regular strength):
- Apply gel 3 to 4 times a day on the affected area.
- The amount needed will vary depending upon the size of the painful or swollen area: 2g to 4g (1 g equals a strip approximately 2 cm long) gel will be sufficient to cover a 400 to 800 cm2 area. Do not use more than 4 times in 24 hours.
- How to open the no mess applicator:
- Applicator: To remove the seal before first use, remove the transparent protective cover and then unscrew the applicator cap. Use the star-shape groove (the key), located at the side of the applicator cap, to remove the security seal (star seal) of the tube. Screw the applicator cap back on the tube before dispensing the gel.
- Applicator: To open, simply pull the white part of the applicator cap. Gently squeeze the tube to push the gel to the surface of the applicator cap. Use the applicator-capped tube as you would use your fingers to gently, and slowly rub the gel into the skin on the affected area. The slight pressure of rubbing in the gel will automatically close the applicator cap.
- You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel in.
- Applicator: After use, clean the applicator cap with cotton towel or absorbent paper until visually dry and clean. Do not immerse or rinse under water. Do not use any solvent or detergent to clean the surface of the applicator cap. After cleaning, place the transparent protective cap, back on the tube before storage. Do not reuse the applicator cap with another tube. Discard the tube with its applicator cap, following the recommended procedure for disposal of any medication.
- Wash your hands after rubbing in Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain to avoid accidental contact with the mouth and eyes.
The gel should not be used for more than 7 days for muscle and joint injuries unless recommended by a doctor. Talk to your doctor if your condition does not improve within 7 days, or if it gets worse.
In case of drug overdose, contact a health care practitioner, hospital emergency department or regional Poison Control Centre immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
If you dispense more gel than needed, wipe off the surplus gel with a tissue.
If you, or a child accidentally swallows the gel, contact your doctor immediately.
If you miss applying Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain at the correct time, apply it when you remember and then next apply it at the usual time. Do not apply a double quantity.
What is Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain with a No Mess Applicator?
Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain with a No Mess Applicator is a medicated treatment containing a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. The active ingredient (diclofenac) penetrates the skin to provide relief of pain and inflammation. Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain with a No Mess Applicator is non-greasy and has a pleasant smell.
What is the difference between Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain and Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain with a No Mess applicator?
Both products have the same formula and the only difference is the presence the applicator on the Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain with a No Mess Applicator. This applicator allows easy, clean application directly on the painful area.
When should I NOT use Voltaren Emulgel Back & Muscle Pain with a No Mess Applicator?
Do not use the product if you have a known allergy to the drug or to any of the ingredients in the formulation, or to other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), or history of asthmatic attacks triggered by such drugs, concomitant use of oral NSAIDs, or during last trimester of pregnancy. To be sure the product is right for you, please read and follow the label.
Health, wellness & your pain
Pain is rarely just physical nor is it always solved by taking medicine alone. Voltaren is your ally in helping you take more control of your pain journey, from the way to sleep, to what you eat, mental wellbeing and complementary pain relief therapies.