Voltaren Emulgel Joint Pain Regular Strength:
For adults and adolescents 16 years and older (regular strength):
- Apply gel 3 to 4 times a day on the affected area.
- The amount needed will vary depending upon the size of the painful or swollen area: 2g to 4g (1g equals a strip approximately 2 cm long) gel will be sufficient to cover a 400 to 800 cm2 area. Do not use more than 4 times in 24 hours.
- Instructions on how to open the tube:
- Tube: To remove the security seal before first use, remove the cap off the tube.
- Tube: Firmly insert the star-shape groove located on the reverse side of the cap into the star-shaped security seal of the tube.
- Tube: Firmly turn the cap to remove the security seal from the tube.
- Tube: Gently squeeze out a small amount of gel from the tube and apply to the affected area, slowly rubbing into the skin.
- You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel in.
- Tube: After use, place the cap back on the tube and store in an upright position.
- Wash your hands after rubbing in Voltaren Emulgel Joint Pain Regular Strength to avoid accidental contact with the mouth and eyes.
The gel should not be used for more than 7 days for muscle and joint injuries unless recommended by a doctor. Talk to your doctor if your condition does not improve within 7 days, or if it gets worse.
In case of drug overdose, contact a health care practitioner, hospital emergency department or regional Poison Control Centre immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
If you dispense more gel than needed, wipe off the surplus gel with a tissue.
If you, or a child accidentally swallows the gel, contact your doctor immediately.
If you miss applying Voltaren Emulgel Joint Pain Regular Strength at the correct time, apply it when you remember and then next apply it at the usual time. Do not apply a double quantity.